View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 12:46 AM

Yeah, I can imagine a remote-only settings system could be problematic. It seems the SUB 600 only has backpanel settings, and no remote, same as the SUB 250. I suppose having both would be nice.

When I was supposed to buy the SUB 250 instead of the C1s, I also looked at REL subs too. For the amount of settings and connections they surely are better, but... I'd like something that has at least somewhat similar looks compared to my speakers. Also, even the REL R-528, closest contender to the SUB 600 in price, doesn't match the 600's frequency response. The C1s already go low, to 30 Hz... so if I were to buy a new, "proper" subwoofer, it has to go low. Maybe I'm just picky but -6dB @ 21Hz in-room response isn't that great from a sub that costs 1690 euros. Sure, it'd probably handle the lower end much more effortlessly than the C1 currently does, but it's not like I feel the C1 is straining itself. And if just for a bit more I can get a sub that goes to 18 Hz @ -3dB? The latter just seems to make more sense, despite the lack of connection options.

I do suppose a REL with speaker-level inputs might be an easier match for my secondary system though. Then again if I go back to surround for said system, even my current sub (only has 1x RCA input) would do for now. But who knows in the long run, I'm so indecisive about these things, especially what with the nonexistent budget and all, not to mention my OCD with at least reasonably matching speaker sets look-wise. I hate being bothered by such things, because it makes utilizing my A42s hard given I have no matching pair for them, nor a matching pair for the C1s either. Bah! My only matching surround speaker set now is the two black PSB Alpha B1 pairs, which would then need a black sub to go with them (given they'd be with my computer which is black too, accessories and all!), something my current sub isn't Add a Walnut SUB 600 and Walnut Focus 160s for the C1 set and it'd be done, except then the A42s would be orphaned, an idea which I'm not fond of Color OCD for the suck!

Last edited by tvih; 01-08-2012 at 12:51 AM.