Thread: Tacky Screen
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 04:13 PM

Default Tacky Screen

Hi All,

I have had a Da Lite motorized, perforated screen since setting up my HT 10+ years ago. Lately the screen has become tacky/sticky and sometimes hangs up a bit when rolling down. It has also developed a couple horizontal wrinkles running across the entire width of the screen that will not work themselves out (the screen is also tensioned, and I'm not sure if wrinkles are from lack of use or not). I did some internet searches, and dating back a few years there are others with this tacky/sticky issue too. I saw a post from Da Lite themselves noting to use Clorox Green Works and wipe the screen down which I tried. This removed the tackiness to a degree but it appears to be coming back. It looks like the vinyl breaking down over time is the culprit from what I can tell.

Question is if this is common or anyone heard of this? I have since been researching possibly replacing the screen all together, but want to avoid the same occurrence later. Stewart came back into the picture (I chose the Da Lite over them due to cost at the time) and from what I have seen there is no reference of this issue with their screen materials. Any suggestions/feedback would be appreciated!