View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacman View Post
I sure had no problem with the VPI alignment gauge and the included balance rod for azimuth on my Avenger with the Unipivot. In fact, I'd have to say that this was by far the simplest setup I've yet done. My gf's daughter eyeballed the cartridge after I had it where I wanted it, she said - eh, we can do better, I made a slight tweak, she was happy, and I snugged the mounting screws. As for azimuth, the balance rod is really a pretty damn ingenious way of approaching this. It took one half turn of one of the weights on the base of the tonearm and it was level. Done. I was prepared to fight with the weight at the back of the tonearm a bit based on what I had heard elsewhere. It simply wasn't necessary.

I also used zero anti-skating as that appears to be the VPI way. When in Rome do as the Romans I thought. The results were as close to perfection as I've ever achieved and in a fraction of the time it normally takes me with a good protractor.
Damacman
Congratulations on your new Avenger. It looks great! Glad your alignment went without a hitch. Young eyes are a valuable "tool" to have around! We oldies have to rely on other means to get the setup spot-on.