View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 06:25 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by decooney View Post
Heheh. Thanks FYB2! Yeah, its funny I sold my two former Cary amps and both buyers wanted the 98. I just can't seem to part with it. Outboard transformer, two pre-outs, excellent volume upgrade, nice remote control, super nice 6SN7s, Jensen Oil caps, its super hard to beat sound wise and esthetically. The QS pre is nice to try, but I love 6SN7s so it will likely be my last tube pre for a long time.
They come up every once in a while 2nd hand, in fact I may know of one a buddy has, I'll ask him too and send you a msg if he wants to part with it, he has 2 of them.
Cary called yesterday let me know they just took in an almost new SLP-98P on trade and offered a deal I could live with. Supposed to arrive on Sat p.m. Will post pic's in the Cary forum. Like you, am a 6SN7 fan.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag