View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
If you decide you you need to go with the QS preamp let me know. May have an opening in my system for an SLP-98 and don't care about color.
A buddy now has a month on the new Quicksilver Linestage preamp. Absolutely loves it paired with new QS Mid Monos. Smaller footprint he needed, and works really well with his 97db speakers. He's put the larger higher $ higher power Margules tube amp and preamp up for sale now. As a result, a colleague just ordered the QS Linestage and the Mono 60s too. While I'm keeping the 98, happy for them both. Mono 120s are sweet.

Sitting here listening to the QS Mono 120s now with plenty of burn-in on the amps, vintage Mullard input tubes, caps, paired with Analysis Plus Crystal interconnects, wow. Larger and deeper soundstage now than I ever had with any of my Cary or Inspire amps. Plenty of top end, robust bottom end, midrange is very nice, very smooth and musical. Can listen for ten hours and never get fatigued. Hearing things in old familiar 70s tracks I've never heard before. Nice surprise.

Last edited by decooney; 04-11-2020 at 04:30 PM.