View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanarSpeakerFan View Post
Hi Dale,

It's always a pleasure to correspond with a fellow Salon 2 owner, they are superb speakers in every way. Right now, I'm running from the Esoteric K-01 directly to the Soulution 501 amps and then to the Salon 2's. Even without the 520 preamp, the sound quality is outstanding. There is tremendous clarity and purity of timbres, and distortion is virtually undetectable. There is also a high degree of resolution but it is delivered with a certain sense of ease, regardless of the volume level. Speed, dynamics and bass control are incredible. Drum strikes on some of my most dynamic Telarc recordings are lightning fast and impactful. Consequently, it just sounds a lot more like live music than what I've previously experienced. Overall the sonic signature is very neutral with just a touch of sweetness in the midrange and treble. I also had the opportunity to audition the Soulution 520 preamp and adding this component in the chain materially increases smoothness, texture and musical density.

I specifically purchased the Soulution 501 amps because they have great synergy with the Raidho D3's. But what I never anticipated is how great they would sound with the Salon 2's. Consequently, I will probably hold onto the Salon 2's for awhile after I receive the D3's just to make sure I prefer the D3's. I hope this helps.

All the best,
Ken
I always hold on to the old gear for a little while.