View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 03:47 PM

Default Heard the 6T's

I attended the Audio Advice "Music Matters" event last night in Charlotte. I heard the 6T's mated with a lower end Audio Research stack and Transparent cabling and power conditioner. A Mac laptop served up some music natively (no JRiver or Amarra back end). I have to tell everybody - the sound blew me away. I never thought a pair of speakers with a $7K list price could sound as nice as they did. The dual bass drivers are dinky - visually. I was not prepared for the amount of bass they put out. How the heck did they pull that off? Mids and highs were excellent, too. I would say to anyone on a budget - run out and buy these beauties. Oh yes, they look great too. They were the gloss cherry finish and looked almost as nice as my Sonus Faber Amati's. I wasn't much of a Aerial fan in the past (bad experience with a SW12 sub), but this has changed my perception.
Bryston 28B Cubed Monoblock amps with Sound Anchor stands, Stillpoint Ultra SS, Bryston SP3 Processor, JL Audio CR-1 Sub Crossover, PS Audio P15 with Stillpoint Ultra SS, Bricasti M-21 Platinum DAC, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Aurender N10 music server/streamer with Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Nordstrom Heimdall 2 Ethernet cable and RevOpod footers, TAD CR-1(mains) with Stillpoint Ultra SS, Bryson 9B3 Surround Amplifier, Sonus Faber Cremona M (center), Diva Swans (surrounds), (2) JL Audio F113 subs with RevOpod footers and granite bases, Oppo 95, Wireworld Gold Eclipse speaker cables, Wireworld Platinum interconnects and Wireworld Silver and Platinum Electra 7 power cables, Furutech Flux 50 in-line power filters, (6) dedicated 20 amp circuits, Shunyata outlets, Nordost QRT QKORE3 and QKORE6 Grounding Units, ADD-Pwr Sorcer X4 and various GK Acoustics acoustic panels.

Last edited by Acolcer; 11-08-2013 at 09:58 PM.