View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 11:13 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLF View Post
In my main home theatre system, I am using all Shunyata V10NR/Sigma power cords a except to my TiVo Bolt which requires it’s own wall wart with captive power cord. I would like to use a Shunyata power cord to my TiVo Bolt, but because of the stock wall wart with attached captive power cord, I cannot. Does anyone including those at Shunyata know if there any way to get around this issue and buy an external wall wart for the TiVo which can be plugged into a Shunyata power cord?
I recommend getting a Keces P3, its only $399; Its only few bucks more than the Booster and it it is much easier to place on a shelf like any other component. Ivan carries them; you can get them for supporting different voltages. Check the voltage and current spec of your wall-wart, which I presume to be a SMPS. It has an IEC receptable for using with a C13 Shunyata power cord. Its about the size of a Mac Mini. It also has 1/8" thick solid aluminum case on all sides to prevent radiaton from getting out of the power supply. One of the problems with the Sbooster is the DC cable is captive; its better to use linear PSU that allows you to use a DC cable of your choice. For the Keces and TiVo recommend getting a Ghent Audio GAC-4/1 11301 UltraPro Star Quad (JSSG 360) DC cable of the shortest length that will work for you. They are built with Oyaide DC barrel plugs that are higher quality than the one on the Sbooster. Be sure to check the diameter of the barrel plug your Tivo requires; the Keces wants a 2.5mm barrel plug diameter. Ghent will make cables with different diameters on each end, if required.

For this application, the Venom V14 Digital is recommended as it specifically designed for this application (powering power supplies for digital devices). I would recommend this instead of getting an NR-V10 or NR-V12. You can order that from Ivan, too.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 10-17-2019 at 11:37 AM.