View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 10:31 PM

I finally got the chance to set up my 10 Acoustimac DMD panels early last week. I started by measuring the ambient noise level in the room out of curiosity. It measured at 30 dB, I installed the panels and this dropped down to 20 dB, interesting I thought. I didn't realize that 20 dB was basically silent.

I have to strongly agree with Soundmig that I should have done this a long time ago! SMH!! Acoustic panels made a significant difference in my listening room. First off, they tamed a few issues I was having, echo and a bright lively room which made music seem edgy at times, these issues are now gone. What I didn't realize until I added the panels was how much the reflections were affecting my room.

The benefits of adding these panels were a more spacious sound stage, pinpoint imaging, superb clarity, instruments just pop out of nowhere and all the inner details are now unmasked. It's like listening in 3D, I can't wait to see what the GIK Impression Series panels bring to the table later this week.

I can emphatically say this was a very wise investment with immediate positive results, highly recommended.

Thanks to all who chimed in to assist with how to properly set these up and answering all of my questions.
Listening Room – MC2301s, C2300, VPI Prime Sig. Rosewood, w/Fatboy 10” Tonearm, SDS, Periphery Ring, Dynavector DRT XV-1s, Sutherland LittleLOCO Mk2, Harbeth SHL5, Skylan Stands, Synergistic Research: Record Clamp, PowerCell SX, Active Ground Block, Galileo Discovery PCs, Atmosphere X Euphoria ICs, Phono and Speaker Cables, GIK Impression Series Diffusers and Acoustimac DMD Panels, CA Double Matrix Pro Sonic RCM

Theater Room - 7.2.4, Marantz SR7012 & MM7025, Klipsch: RF-7 III, RP-450C, RP-160M, R-112SW Atmos: CDT 5800-CII, Sunfire True EQ Sub, Samsung 75” Q60R QLED 4K UHD TV, Sony UBP-X800 4K UHD Blu-ray, VPI Scoutmaster, Clearaudio Maestro, Cambridge Audio 640P, PS Audio PPP

Office - Fisher 500C, Denon DP-59L, Audio Technica AT14S Cartridge, Bluesound NODE, Acoustic Research AR-3a, Technics RS 1500

Vintage System - Pioneer SX 1980, Jolida JD100 CD, JBL Studio Monitors 4425

Semper Fidelis Teufel Hunden