View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 07:36 PM

Default New Sennheiser HD820 are here

I took advantage of a show special at RMAF and bought the HD820s. I had the dealer hold shipping until we got home from some extended travel, so they just arrived on Monday.
I’d been thinking about these phones for a while - I was looking for another pair of closed phones to reduce some background noise in the living room. I tried the various Audeze, ZMF, and the Focal Stellia. I already have MrSpeakers Aeon closed (which I love) in a bedroom system, but wanted to try something different. For sound quality, it came down to a choice between the Stellia and the HD820s, but for me none of the other headphones could match the comfort of the 820s - I find headphone comfort is a very personal thing. These are comfortable on my head for long sessions, and the sound is awesome - fuller, deeper bass than my HD800s, but still well defined, and great mids.

D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2

Last edited by Antonmb; 09-25-2019 at 07:38 PM.