View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 12:12 PM

You just need to put the negative on any bare metal. Doesn't have to be the battery terminal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stollen View Post
Do any of these have longer leads on the battery connections? Seems like these days a lot of cars have moved the battery to the trunk in less than accessible locations. Now you just get a positive and negative post under the hood to connect cables to. In my Audi S4 they are close enough the portable jump pack leads (I have one just like what Jack posted) can reach, however in my wife's Audi Q5 they are far enough apart the leads won't reach both posts. Seems most of the portable jump packs have leads that are really meant to be used directly on the battery where the terminals are not far apart.

Audio research LS28SE preamplifier, Aurender N10 Streamer, Topping D90 DAC, McIntosh MC462 amplifier. Focal Sopra 3 speakers. Salamander Archetype rack, Symposium Acoustics Segue shelves, Silver Eclipse 7 XLRs, Shunyata Everest power conditioner, Alpha V2, Delta V2 and Venom V2 10/12 power cords, and Audioquest Oak speaker cables. GIK Acoustic's bass soffits and 244 bass trap Art panels room treatments. Sony XBR75X900e 4K TV and Sony UBP-X800 Blu-ray player