View Single Post
Old 05-20-2021, 08:42 PM

Location: Lago Vista Texas Downtown Austin and Frisco Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
It's been a while since I've visited this thread in the forum. I finally did something I've been wanting to do for some time. I ordered a pair of Vandersteen 2Ce Signature IIIs. I auditioned them earlier today. I am delaying delivery to work around some scheduled contractor work at home. The new speakers have so many technical innovations over the decades that they are a different animal internally from my 2Cs. They still maintained their open, simply disappear out of the way of the music "house" sound. They just consistently revealed more and more details of the music or sound tracks they play. It was also time to update my speaker cables and interconnect between amp and pre. Transparent now is in Gen 6. The ones I currently own are likely Gen 1s. I like Transparent's upgrade program. My 2Cs I'm giving to a good friend. I'll encourage him to put money towards decent amplification.

I had a pair of 2c in the late 80s and early 90s and for the money they're very hard to beat. They've been in production since the late 1970s.