View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 04:27 PM

To choose Power Amp and Pre Amp were not easy.
A- Gryphon Antileon Signature + Krell EVO 202 vs B- modified Krell FPB 350 Mc and Krell KRC - HR.
The thing is that I did'nt expect this to be a real competition för Antileon. But from the beginning I heard that B had a sound that I like. During break in it's getting even better. This weekend me and my wife listened to music through A. She said: - It sound's a bit gently and tired. What's wrong.
This got me started. I thought she had a good point and connected B. She was happy.
B has got more power, the control is stunning. I get more involved in the music and I like it more. As my wife also does.
I really did not want that old Krell to be this good. It was just an expriment. I did not like this but I'm fine with it now.
A is not at all bad in anyway. It sounds very good and since I'v heard what B could do I had no intention of changing anything. The hard thing is to go back when you heard something that you think is better.

So, B stayes. I have to change a bit in the Hifi-rack.

It's refreshing to know that old stuff still can beat youngsters. Often beter built then new unit's. Not every time but often.

Last edited by Apexorca; 10-21-2019 at 12:22 PM.