View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete6737 View Post
I also got my Salon2s in late 2015. I have only had three pairs of speakers since 1998! B&W 803 Matrix until 2013 when ordered Salk SS8s which were very nice until I heard the Salons. I was completely in love with them and they are great. I almost bought Paradigm SS8 but I am really happy with my Salons!

Yes, almost the very same here. I've owned 4 pairs of speakers since 1990. On all criteria, the Salons are far ahead of all of the others. Without getting into a long story, let me just say that, quite literally the moment that I connected the Salons, my wife - always the naysayer on my purchases, acknowledged the superiority of the speakers. I owned the 'paradigms for two years and loved them. There are important comparisons between the Paradigms and the Salons - they both include well executed beryllium tweeters. However, the integration of sound , across the frequency range, separates the Salons and places them qualitatively ahead.

The only thing that I'm concerned about is whether I'm getting the best out of the Salons. In terms of placement, I've got little or no room to play with and because of their proximity to walls and doors, I'm am pretty certain that the Salons could use some knowledgable person juggling them about a bit.

Last edited by Biggar; 03-04-2016 at 07:54 AM.