View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1120s View Post
To those in the know....since the Revel's sensitivity is only about 86, could these monoblocks do them justice? Does anyone think that I would really want to get something different for power or perhaps double down and buy a couple more amps and try to bi-amp the speakers? Would I need another SC7S2?

I suspect that the amps could push them fine but I wonder about the limitations that high volumne listening would induce upon the amps in general.

Curious at this stage. Prices are coming down and I suspect if Marantz introduces new reference gear, more MA9S2 may appear on the used market.

Speculation, I know.

Thanks to all who post.
I owned the Salon 2's. If I was buying amps today for Salon 2's I would buy Classe CA-M600's, McIntosh 1.2kw or the Pass x600.5's (a pair just went up for sale here on AA).

I think 750 watts @ 4 ohms is the minimum for the Salon 2's and quite honestly I would suggest staying north of 1kw. I know there are some here who would disagree, but I found the more juice you give the Salon 2's, the more they ate and the better they sounded.

If you need cheap power - then the Anthem M1's are worth a look. The reviews aren't stellar though - however, we do have a user here on AA who has the Salon 2's and Anthem M1's and liked it a lot on the Salon 2's. That being said, he is upgrading to the Classe CA-M600's. His username is MDP - maybe you can talk to him about his M1's?

Great speakers by the way! I loved mine when I had them.

Mike