View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 11:38 PM
From the BAT cave ...

Silver Electra 5^2 power cords x 4
Silver Eclipse 6 balanced interconnects, one pair of 4 meter and one pair of 1 meter
Silver Eclipse 6 Speaker wire, one pair of 8 foot

This is part of a large project to move the 2 channel rack to the opposite side of the room and leave the HT rack where it is. There will be a 50 foot run of Blue Jean balanced interconnects between the DVD player and the 2 channel preamp solely for a HT bypass function. The move allows me to eliminate a 50 foot run of inferior speaker wire to my mains and instead be close enough to use a WireWorld loom. Thus, when on 2 channel only the longest runs are a 4 meter balanced interconnect and an 8 foot speaker wire.

I bought the Silver Electra 5^2 power cords as part of a passive power conditioning scheme. One each on the preamp and CD player behind a Shunyata Hydra 6 fed by a Black Mamba CX-HC power cord (20 amp IEC). The amp takes the other two cords and the current plan is to go straight into the wall (they are currently straight in with OEM cords).

I am hoping for an order of magnitude improvement (which is a big hope given that the rig sounds spectacular right now). Cannot wait!!!

Last edited by chessman; 06-18-2011 at 11:40 PM. Reason: typo