View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLG4EVR View Post
These are my second pair of D'Yquem's. After several tube failures my original pair were replaced with the pair I have now. You know my dealer, they are great and spoke with them this morning. They are willing to do whatever it takes to make me happy. After having such a bad experience with these I am now considering a different Shindo amp. Possibly the GM 70.
I'm not surprised at the excellent service you're getting. That's what I've experienced at CDF as well, though I've been fortunate enough to not have to deal with the failures that you have.

That Lafon GM70 amp is tried and true, it's been in the lineup for a very long time and uses tubes that seem to have a good track record. I haven't heard of the GL 300B's being used all that much in tube amp designs - perhaps they're just not up to the standard that Shindo is used to working with.

My CCQ's with NOS EL34 tubes have been perfect so far - NOS seems to be what Shindo knows. At this point, it certainly sounds like your best bet is to try a different pair of amps. Based on what I've read of the GM70s, they should be an excellent match with O96's, and id guess they're about the same price as the D'Yquems.

Good luck!