View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 11:14 PM

I searched for (in this thread) and could not find what is a "value" line mentioned--Cullen Cables. I have a quote coming from Patrick on a handful of power cords and a pair of crossover speaker cables. Also will be getting a PS Dectet.

After investing around 25K in "hi-fi" gear in the last handful of years I suppose it is time to get better power cords...and better speaker wire than standard monster cable.

Now am I convinced I will hear a difference? I say maybe...so far everything I have done to my system has made a discernible increase in quality. Mainly this has been major component upgrades. If I do not hear a difference I, as a poster on this thread mentioned 20 pages or so ago, will be the proud owner of something more aesthetically pleasing than stock cords. And yes I will proudly display the Dectet on risers of some sort, on the carpet, right smack center in front of my rack.

Waiting to get the quote on 1111.00 worth of stuff (5 power cords and the speaker cable) from Patrick. I know dependent on who knows what he considers...he at times has offered discounts of 15.00 total off, all the way to 15 to 25% of total order off. I know some spend that much or more on ONE cable. But is what I am willing to spend for now. (Edit quote received and disc was 6 to 7%).

Yes I like buying my DSLR gear, computer gear, bicycling gear, running stuff, even some Czech Republic Philatelic material, and of course vacations, and more too. And I have a decent project/contract manager's job...and it never seems to be enough.

Good stuff in life is fun....but at times that cost component......

Last edited by armyslowrdr; 06-13-2018 at 12:59 PM.