View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 11:41 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLF View Post
That is my wife’s sincere hope. Then she has 100% control of what movies are played

Thanks for the suggestion. To give you a few more details, while my stereo resides in a 28’x 14’x 8’ room, our home theater is located in an dedicated, light controlled intimate room which is approximately 12’ x 12.5.’ Therefore, a 77” video source at under a 8’ viewing distance is probably appropriate and it is not even possible to fit a much larger screen in our room.

In my opinion and that of many others, audio is at least 50% of the movie experience, so getting the sound right is most important including a CC speaker to compliment the L+R channels; not to mention surround and Dolby Atmos height channels.
Just to clarify, the center channel IS very important. What I am trying to say is that how you use the system can help you determine how much you need to spend on a CC. For example, if you plan on using the set up for multichannel music, then your best bet is having equal speakers everywhere. If, on the other hand, you watch movies with little or no special effects (like drama, documentaries, etc.), you may find a compatible CC that works well with your other speakers without having to spend a ton of money.

If sitting 8 feet away, your 77 inch TV is a good size. However, since you mentioned that you have a 12.5' x 12' room and you are making changes in the room, you may consider rearranging the room to allow you to sit farther back. Then you could install a screen on the wall. (Your 12.5' or 12' feet wall should easily accommodate a retractable screen).

In my experience, if audio is 50% of the experience, then video is the bigger 50%

And by the way, sitting farther away can also help you take better advantage of whichever center channel you end up with.