View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp 1080 View Post
I think we understand each other now. I did not mention in my posts that I had the amplifiers for a week without having any type of damping on top. Thanks for the suggestion Bar81, I did try it. Without checking your sig I didn't know you had M400's which as I posted before don't have that issue as your amps are solid billet on top, the Progression are not. I have had both the Momentum M300's and now the Progression in my system. What confused me was when you said, "I only used them on properly constructed amps like the Ayre MX-Rs.". The attached photo is not my system so I am not self appointing. We all love listening to music don't we?
Agreed; we're on the same page. I think I was just surprised that at the pricepoint, Dan is using sheet metal on the top cover of the Progressions and with those massive vibrating transformers in there I can understand that the damping plates can materially improve performance. I've had some hard lessons in isolation/damping working in some situations and not others, which is why I'm careful to only suggest someone try something, as based on the situation, something might work amazingly well while have the exact opposite result in other situations.

Last edited by Bar81; 02-03-2018 at 05:35 AM.