View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 11:58 AM
Listener in Training

Thanks everyone - I've got a lot of work to get done at the office before taking off for Christmas, so it's going to be tough to not pop into the listening room as much as i'd like over the next couple weeks. A good "problem" to have!

Dan, your Anniversario review was a key influence, beyond the listening we've done with SF speakers over the years. The first time we heard a pair of SF's, the Cremona, my wife was smitten with the sound as I was.

When we were placing the AF's at one point as we were getting close, and I was near a far corner, I thought we had the whole 5.1 setup going and jerked my head around to see if the amps running my front center and rear speakers where on. I knew in my brain they weren't, that we just had the C2500 running the MC501s up front, but the sound so enveloped the room from that poor listening position that my ears were telling me something else for a moment.
Sources: Vinyl: Clearaudio Innovation Wood turntable with 9" Universal tonearm, Da Vinci V2 cartridge, Stillpoints SS & Stillpoints clamp, McIntosh MVP 901, Apple Mac mini via Benchmark DAC 1, Aurender N100C via Schiit Yggdrasil
Control: McIntosh C1100, Mcintosh MX151
Power: Mcintosh MC2301s (front), McIntosh MC501 (center), Mcintosh MC402 (rear)
Speakers: Sonus Faber Amati Futura (front and back), SF Vox center
Power/connections: PS Audio Power Port receptacles, RGPC 400 pro (2) WireWorld interconnects and speaker cable