View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindog031 View Post
Eisener...i see you are a man of a few words...please, where did you have chance to hear this amp, how long was session, in what conditions was the room you listened and with what speakers, source and cables. Im curious about your refined taste...what pieces of equipment impress you and please if you dont mind list us your impressive system you got at home...i know i sound like KGB agent a little with these questions but we are in a public forum so folks would like to know a few arguments how this or any amp sounds when describing...not just trowing a bone...
Speakers - Davis Acoustics, model Cesar.
Cables: 1) acoustic - Micromega, 2) interconnect and power - some american brand, very rare in Ukraine. I don't remember name, I may ask.

It was setup of my friend, I heard these speakers with 4 various amps including Cary SLI-80 and ASR. I know this System about 10 years, after any up-grades my friend always invites me for auditioning.

Room (about 20 sq meters) - acoustically prepared a little bit, but nothing special.

It was my last visit 2 weeks ago, I've been with my companion, we've been dissapointed by sound of System on classical music (big orchestra). System sounds good on small chamber orchestra, jazz and vocal music.

I don't know why this disaster happened - may be just absence of synergy between speakers and amp or something else. But I never met such problem with audio eqiupment with such price tags.

Our verdict was - amp.
It can be taken into consideration as version of course.
Very strange.

Few words re Gryphon brand.
I remember claims on Soundex.ru regarding exfoliation of tracks on plates of Gryphon amps.