Thread: 4K all the way
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 07:40 PM
Lifetime audio addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Normally, Marlene is the last to notice differences in television picture quality. She is more into the programming, so picture clarity and resolution aren't at the top of her priority list. Last night we watched the 4K version of Passengers. In the first couple of minutes she said to me that the picture looked so much sharper and brighter than DVD movies we watch. I was surprised she noticed and was impressed enough to comment on the picture quality because normally those things don't seem to concern her viewing enjoyment. Now that she has become aware of just what 4K is capable of delivering on the screen I think she will be quicker to identify picture quality differences between the various sources. I was pleased she noticed the improvement.

By the way, the movie Passengers was filmed and edited in 4K, not upconverted from 2K like many of the so-called 4K movies coming out. The color saturation, HDR black levels, and picture clarity are exceptional.

jdandy,

You picked a great movie for your wife to view. The opening scene with the flyby shows how good 4K and HDR can look when done properly. Pacific Rim is another good HDR demo however, I don't know if your wife will like it.

V Sharp
Speakers Wilson Audio Maxx 3
Cables Transparent Reference Gen 5
Equipment rack and amp stands HRS
Power conditioning Transparent
Power outlets GTX-D(G) Gold-Plated duplex receptacles dedicated 20 amp lines.