View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 10:44 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chops-tube View Post
Dan... If I recall correctly, you need two more Recovery units.

I'm not usually one for system tweaks that you have to pay for, typically because a lot of them are hyped up snake oil, people attempting to justify their spent money.

Reading so much good stuff about the Regen and the Recovery, not knowing UpTown Audio at all and knowing Wyred 4 Sound very well, I decided to give the Recovery a try. I was immediately amazed at the instant improvement within minutes of installing it in my system. Upgrading the stock 6" USB was a no-brainer for me. For the same reason Dan wanted to upgrade this cable, to match the USB going into the Recovery. Makes sense to me.

To me, in my system, upgrading that USB cable did the same thing for the sound as the Recovery itself did, just on a much smaller scale. Upgrading the stock power supply to the iFi iPower again did the same, but on a smaller scale. Both a worthy upgrade for the Recovery, and went added together, make a nice improvement over the base Recovery.

Since my system is constantly running 24/7, I estimate I have well over 700 hours on this little device. If there's any improvements to be had up to the 200 hour point, then I already have them. Same goes for the short WW USB cable and iPower for that matter.

The Wyred 4 Sound Recovery USB Reclocker is a great buy, even at the full retail price of $250. Upgrading the cable and PS for a few more bucks still makes it a great buy, especially considering the amount of improvement those two extra pieces make. And now, Dan is living proof that this little guy works wonders even on a $22k DAC! Hyped up snake oil?... I think not.
Charles.......I knew it was just a matter of time before someone pointed out I was two short on the Recovery's.

Your comment about the Recovery delivering immediately out of the box was my exact discovery. I didn't have it between my desktop computer and the W4S DAC2 even five minutes before I was saying to myself this is something special. I even PM'd Ivan that first day and told him he needed to look into the Recovery.

I am waiting now on the delivery of my 0.3 meter Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB cable to replace the provided cable that comes with the Recovery. After I spend some time with that arrangement I will order the iFi iPower 9 volt power supply on yours and Randy's recommendation. Might as well go all the way.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A