View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 02:43 PM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeyed View Post
Prompted my a comment Mr. McGowen of PS Audio made in a video, I reached out to him & received this response. I am re-posting it here because it was in a public forum & not a private conversation.

bugeyed December 13, 2018 at 10:12 am #

Hi Paul,
I’m really surprised at your comments about Sonus Faber speakers. They are beautiful & many sound great. I have the original Cremona & they are wonderful sounding speakers. I have heard you make several comments about other manufacturers (B&W) & this leads me to believe that you have not heard these brands well represented with proper setup & such.
Regards,
Kev

Paul McGowan December 14, 2018 at 6:28 am #
"Sonus Fabers are indeed beautiful and I made sure when my son wanted a new pair of speakers for his home he bought those. But, that doesn’t mean they are what I would think of as reference quality or highly revealing – which may or may not be for everyone. Yes, they are musical and yes they are pleasant to listen to, but they are not what I consider high-end.

B and W speakers and I go way back and I have never been a fan. Their tweeter and voicing are too far forward and aggressive for my tastes."

Certainly as we look back over the history of high end audio, especially considering the world not just the US, Franco Serblin was and will continue to be one of the pillars of high end audio design.

21st century designers/marketers who have little or no track record of designing loudspeakers might spend a bit more time designing and less time denigrating.

Last edited by metaphacts; 12-14-2019 at 02:46 PM.