View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 04:02 PM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcxxx View Post
If you have lived with and listened to your system for enough time you are in the very best position to assess the impact on the sound of any given change. In fact the major drawback in my opinion about reviews is the inevitable parade of reviewer’s components varying in synergy coupled with the fact that human aural memory for very high sonic detail is fleeting at best. Replacing old resistors for new in the Sasha results in notable improvements in clarity, transparency, and timbre. But you need to be very familiar with the sound of the system with the old resistors to readily recognize the improvement with the new.
I guess that I have replaced so many of them, I take the sonic changes for granted. I don't consider changes small (if the resistors are compromised) but I change resistors only after the system is fully dialed in. The difference would appear much smaller if the system was in early stages of setup.

Any time that we do a dealer event or show, we replace resistors as a matter of course. That was Dave's practice and we have continued to do so. We replace all the resistors at once. (Rarely is there no difference. If there isn't one, we simply put the old resistors into the tool kit as spares.) It eliminates one variable when you are trying to create the most compelling demo you can for the public.