View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
I agree. Looking back on this thread was interesting, because I said back in 2014 that I could never "hear" a resistor. Well, I have had a few different pairs of Wilsons since then, with my Alexia's being the first ones I've had for more than 3 years. So with that in mind, I changed my resistors for the very first time recently and it was an instant improvement. Luckily for me, there was an extra set included in the box. My Sasha 1 and 2 did not have such an extra set, for whatever reason. In any case, I now have changed my mind: I can indeed "hear" a resistor, and I believe they should be changed every couple of years.
No extra resistors in my Yvette box either. I posted this at Steve Hoffman's site hoping other Wilson owners would chime in. The only responses I got were from know it all's ridiculing me for be gullible and telling me that resistors shouldn't make a difference in sound. Some told me to measure the resistors, (yeah right). One guy told me if the resistor made an improvement I should change all the caps, as well. Oh boy.