View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmd2010 View Post
Eric

I am pondering the idea of an MSB select II as well. We will see if it's in my future. As of now, leaving towards Constellation Centaur II monos to pair it with. I will be curious to hear your comments down the line as to how your system sound once the DAC is broken in.
I now have enough time on the DAC to declare it broken in. With my best files (Mapleshade primarily), the sound is beyond description. My dCS Vivaldi was an engineering tour de force but the Select II has taken it to a different level. The biggest improvement is in the saturation of the sound. It is full bodied and smooth like analog. The details stand out in three dimensions more definitively than with the Vivaldi. As I have said before, the effect I hear is what I would expect from a Reference level pre-amp in the system. I currently am going direct to the mono blocks from the Select II. When you consider what you are getting for the price, it's a little less eye watering (to me, not my wife). Because the number of interconnects required is less than for the Vivaldi, I'm going to upgrade both the XLRs and Speaker cables to Transparent Magnum Opus in the next year. At that point, I'll be done (or divorced).

Cincy
Magico Q-Sub 15 Subwoofers (2)
Transparent Opus Gen5 speaker cables and Interconnects
PS Audio P20 regenerator
Roon file management