View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 10:04 PM

Dan... If I recall correctly, you need two more Recovery units.

I'm not usually one for system tweaks that you have to pay for, typically because a lot of them are hyped up snake oil, people attempting to justify their spent money.

Reading so much good stuff about the Regen and the Recovery, not knowing UpTown Audio at all and knowing Wyred 4 Sound very well, I decided to give the Recovery a try. I was immediately amazed at the instant improvement within minutes of installing it in my system. Upgrading the stock 6" USB was a no-brainer for me. For the same reason Dan wanted to upgrade this cable, to match the USB going into the Recovery. Makes sense to me.

To me, in my system, upgrading that USB cable did the same thing for the sound as the Recovery itself did, just on a much smaller scale. Upgrading the stock power supply to the iFi iPower again did the same, but on a smaller scale. Both a worthy upgrade for the Recovery, and went added together, make a nice improvement over the base Recovery.

Since my system is constantly running 24/7, I estimate I have well over 700 hours on this little device. If there's any improvements to be had up to the 200 hour point, then I already have them. Same goes for the short WW USB cable and iPower for that matter.

The Wyred 4 Sound Recovery USB Reclocker is a great buy, even at the full retail price of $250. Upgrading the cable and PS for a few more bucks still makes it a great buy, especially considering the amount of improvement those two extra pieces make. And now, Dan is living proof that this little guy works wonders even on a $22k DAC! Hyped up snake oil?... I think not.