View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 05:57 AM

It seems more than a few people noticed that the Bryston demo sounded rather good. I thought so too! In the decades I've been involved with audio, there was always the desire to share what I've learned so that others could get more enjoyment from listening to music in their homes. It's been satisfying on each occasion to see all the smiles when everything was set up and turned on for the first time.

These days, all my advice is condensed into a single phrase; trust Bryston. And of course then I have to explain that I don't work for them and I haven't drunk any sort of Kool Aid and yes, it's unexpected that an electronics company would make remarkably good speakers, but here we are.

I would normally run away from a system with so many drivers instead of contemplating how to perhaps one day own them and that's a tribute to the quality of engineering that captured the virtues of such a design while effectively mitigating the pitfalls. Maybe the nicest part is that I wasn't even surprised by how lifelike the T-Rex sounds because the Bryston folks have pulled so many metaphorical rabbits out of proverbial hats over the years. Good job, guys.

Jozsef