View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMCH View Post
Glen, my family room is also 15'w x 22'l with a slanted ceiling that goes from 9' on the left to 17' on the right with wood floors. With all the air in the room, it sounds great to me. My fireplace and bookcases make excellent diffusers. For me, the family room with its taller ceilings, is a much better sounding room than my living room that only has 8' ceilings. I only use my family room for stereo listening so I have my speakers 5' out from the front wall and my rack further back on the right side wall. I have my windows covered when listening. Your room looks very attractive.
Wow Paul! Seems like your room dimensions are exactly like this one. Glad to know you have good results and thanks for alleviating any concerns I have about this room.

Aside from considering the normal things you look for in a new home (i.e location, size of the home, floorpan, etc.) the next thing on the list is where will I set up my system and the room acoustics. I think paying attention to where I will be enjoying my music and how my system interacts with the room is a very important aspect of getting the most enjoyment out of my listening sessions.

Aurender N10 / Ayre QX-5 Twenty / Ayre KX-R Twenty / Ayre MX-R Twenty / Wilson Sasha DAW / Isotek TITAN and EVO3 / Transparent Reference / Meze Empyrean