Thread: 804D3 vs 803D3
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henriqueoc View Post
Hi guys,

I recently had an opportunity to test 2 pairs of 804d3 at home, the first one was new pair and the other one was one year old.

I'm very impressed how these speakers changes over time.

The new pair sounded really bright and definitively lacking some bass at the lower ends. I had a pair of PMC twenty5.23 as well and them seemed to go further in the lower ends in comparison to 804d3, but when I moved into the 804d3's one year old pair

----------- WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! ---------

I was very skeptical to believe too much in the burning period but I have to say that I was forced to change my opinion in the case of these speakers.

The 804d3's used pair filled the room with their bass going incredibly on the low ends and the bright/harsh sound disappeared and I just fall in love with them

The previous day I had heard a pair of 803d3 (some of the speakers I wanted to buy) in a store and I was soooo disappointed. The bass performance was simply ridiculous, I simply did not hear the bass. But now, after this test I did at home I began to think that the speakers in the store could also be new and how they should really play wonderful after a while.

So, I just wanted to share my recent experience with these speakers and say that if you listen to these speakers for the first time and be disappointed, try to give them another chance trying to hear a some that has been in use for quite some time, there's a good chance you can change your mind about them.

I hate to hikack this thread but I tried to PM and you’re not a subscriber so it didn’t work. Anyway, I’m about to purchase a pair of PMC twenty5.23’s and I’m really interested in your thoughts on that speaker especially against the B&W 804’s. I think they really give them a run for the money but that’s me. How did they compare in your house? What did you power them with when testing? Did the PMC’s fill the room like the B&W’s. Would like to discuss.