View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 09:42 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Dave.......Congratulations. Nothing like going for the gold. The Aurender W20 is unique in many ways by design, and by all accounts a superb audio performer. Even though the W20 can be used in conjunction with an external word clock, its own internal OCXO (oven controlled crystal oscillator) is remarkably accurate joined with the field programmable gate array phase locked loop system that reduces jitter to near immeasurable levels. The W20 power supply and alternating battery pack power source is innovative and not only provides super clean power but also prevents power loss to the server in the event of a utility power loss. There are many other engineering and design highlights in the Aurender W20 music server that make it a ground breaking reference level audio component. I am positive from my own experience with my Aurender N10 and Esoteric K-03 setup that you will be delighted beyond your greatest expectations.

The Aurender Conductor app is a pleasure to use. Moving music files to the W20's generous 12TB (6TB x 2) hard drives is a simple drag and drop operation. Once you've done it you will be a pro. The Conductor application automatically updates itself as music files are uploaded. As for cables, you have options and most likely the AES/EBU connection will deliver your best digital signal to the DAC. My Esoteric K-03 does not provide the AES/EBU connection so I use a Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 coaxial digital cable from the N10 to the K-03. I also keep a Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 USB cable connected between the N10 and the K-03 for the times I wish to make comparisons. If you haven't already, you can read my Aurender N10 Caching Music Server review here.

I am looking forward to your review of the Aurender W20. These are exciting times.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 12-28-2016 at 09:46 PM.