View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddy View Post
Oh my! What strong opinions.

My prior speakers were Wilson XLFs with a Thor's Hammer -- I owned them for two years and X2S2 before that. They are great speakers and Wilson is a great company. I agree that Alexx are great speakers. That said:

In the same room with the same Boulder 3060 and everything else: IMO the YGXV are plainly better than the XLF/Thor combination -- with all types of music. All my friends, except one, who have heard them agree, to quote one review: "The others were good but these kick ass."
Fast Eddy, I'm sure the XV is a wonderful speaker. It should be for the price and weight (1.3 tons of speaker). I always have to question how you move around 3 tons of speakers so easily to have this incredible audition. You have an incredible dealer. Was a moving company available? Just to setup and optimize an XLF/two Hammer system would take many hours. Did this listening session occur over many days? Did the Wilson folks have the opportunity to have a listen and have input? Wonder what they would have said? Were the speakers in separate listening rooms? What I am trying to say is that I wasn't born yesterday. I can tell you that the XLF/Hammers will move way more air than an XV system and play a lot louder with much lower distortion than an XV. The (8) XV woofers are 8.75" each as opposed to 4 ported dual spider 15" drivers of the Hammers, not to mention the ported 13 and 15 inch drivers of each XLF. You should post pics of your system and your previous system. But I am sure it looks and sounds fantastic. Methinks you may be laughing at me but I will take you seriously up to this point.

Last edited by Charles; 06-22-2019 at 12:05 PM.