View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-48 View Post
Hi Jonathan, I wonder if you have any impressions of the Anthem STR preamp you'd be willing to share. Thanks!
Hey Mike the anthem STR separates sounded great and I could not tell the difference with the moon 600i. Anthem had no problems driving my 804 D3 for hours. I drove it hard and it barely went above 50 watts. I briefly cranked it to get 60 watts on the meter. I think measured 92db or so on my phone about 8ft away. I was afraid to listen any louder because I live in a apartment. I didn't play with ARC but it's supposed to be improved, especially if you have 2 subs. I don't know of any 2 channel pre amps that have output for 2 subs that can be individually calibrated. I used ARC when I had a Anthem AVM 60 but I thought it sounded better with ARC off.

I went with Moon 390 and 760a because I felt with Moon was better for 2 channel, 10 year warranty, and much better tech support. Also with anthem this was the top of the line. While with moon I was in the middle of their line up. Moon offers a good upgrade program too within 2 years and offer networking upgrades.