View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 04:19 PM

Hi Lowens- I have them about 7 + feet apart, and thus 2.5 ft from the side walls. That is from center of driver. Then,they are about 55" out from the wall behind them. That is from the front plane of cabinet.

I have a suspended wood floor, with wall to wall, wool Berber carpet.
Under the carpet, is one of the better foam pads. I have installed floor jacks,
which couple wood beams to the ceiling in the basement below my room. These are placed in the critical areas, under rack, speakers...!

You may want to check out a company called Acoustimac. I bought some of their ready made Owens Corning 703 panels. They have a nice, finished look, and only cost about $55 a piece. They have a wide choice of fabric colors, and can be hung on the walls. I originally tried the foam type panels. They sucked the life out of the music, so I got rid of them. I much prefer these 703 panels in my room. The T would certainly be worth an audition. IMHO, there is never an absolute with power conditioners. It will depend on what you have going on with your power. See how you like that dedicated line first. Lastly, many of these things including speaker placement, have been done with my dealers advice. I rely greatly on them...!