View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve59 View Post
A close friend of mine upgraded to the klipschhorns from the lascalas and I remember him expecting a different bass presentation and being seriously disappointed and wanted the store to buy them back to which they told him they just needed time to break in. I remember him calling me one day to tell me his tonearm jumped tracks from a bass note he didn’t even hear. I don’t know about that, but I remember being impressed by female vocalist and live recordings at his house. I find klipsch and Martin Logan speakers to be impressive short term but a bit too busy for me to settle into. My buddy found my system to be boring. Go figure
Years ago the Klipschorn was one of the speakers for an ultimate system. It was billed as one of the one or two speakers that could reproduce a 32 Hz note at full volume efficiently. Specifically Also Sprach Zarathustra the opening sustained double C on the organ. The speaker could indeed do this. I heard it do so in a very huge auditorium. It was amazing. What has happened to this speaker? I think Klipsch deserves to provide an explanation.