View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 12:41 PM
The Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Wow JJ, I just posted my trap count in another thread but here it is:

I have two RealTraps HF absorbers mounted 4 inches off the wall directly behind the speakers. There are also two TriTraps on the front floor corner intersection. I'd like to put two more tri's in the front ceiling corner but the better half is somewhat baulking at that. Two MicroTraps are on the walls at the first reflection point. I could use a couple on the ceiling.

I'd like to install a couple Mondo's in the front but I'm out of room for them May have to investigate a DIY trap another guy I know did when he was tight on space.

You must have talked to Ivan. He also recommended a pair of 112's when we spoke yesterday. You guys in cahoots?

I'm leary of the PC thing but as I've said before, I'm willing to try. My wallet is fearing the 2 10 footers I'm going to need to power the speakers!

Gordon
LOL @ being in cahoots with Ivan - I'll keep working to be somewhere in the same realm as him in terms of his audio knowledge and good taste I do seriously stand behind the JL F112 recommendation - I intend to upgrade to two of them for my system when I am able.

In terms of the Real Traps, are you lacking room for the Mondo Traps in terms of height or width? You probably already know this, but they do make shorter ones (2x4 and 2x2) that are thicker - the 2x4 is the one I am using due to height issues in my listening room. I'm pretty sure they will make custom sizes as well. I would suggest replacing and/or moving your tri-corner traps if needed to make room for Mondo Traps. Having them in all of your room corners makes the most difference. You could also look at moving your MicroTraps to the ceiling at some point and replacing them with HF MiniTraps on the side first reflection points as that should help more with bass trapping as well.

Hope that info is useful - good luck with working out the best solution for your setup!
JL Audio F113 subs with CR-1 Crossover
Schiit Audio Yggdrasil DAC (Analog 2 + Unison USB)
Sonore Ultrarendu with Uptone Audio LPS-1.2
Uptone Audio EtherREGEN network switch with LPS-1.2
Oppo UDP-205 with ModWright Signature Truth Tube Modifications
Clearaudio Performance SE TT with Hana ML MC cartridge
ModWright PH 9.0x Phono Stage
ASC & RealTraps Panels; APS PurePower 2000; Daedalus Audio DiDs
LAT International, Shunyata, Wireworld, WyWires Cables