View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
McCormack makes excellent amps. They were bought by C-J some years ago (more than four, IIRC) and all the manufacturing is done by C-J in Virigina. Design is still done by Steve.

I've heard one of their preamps and one of their stereo amps and both were excellent. A lot like SS C-J gear in sound quality.

The DNA-750 are supposed to be a killer pair of monoblocks from what I've heard. Dan Babineau of Running Springs used to use a pair as his reference.

With luck, I ended up with Dan Babineau's DNA-750's. I have spoken on the phone with him, and exchanged numerous emails, regarding the upgrades he did on them, as a surprise, our last email exchange night before last he mentioned I need not worry about their reliability for many many years he said, those capacitors will outlast both of us he said , I'm pleasantly happy with this news among the many other snippets he told me.

They sound downright stunning, midrange is so crystal, highs so flawless, and the bass is top notch. I don't think I can do any better, regardless of price.

They are my Grail amps. They will be with me until I pass them on to my son.
They are that good!!!