View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 08:55 PM

Tasosman,

Welcome to AA! Like you, I have done extensive comparison between the Cremona M and the Elipsa before I pulled the trigger on the Elipsa. My impressions are exactly the same as yours - the Elipsas have more authority in everything they do, except for staging/imaging.

The imaging difference comes mainly from the differences in the baffle design. The Elipsas have wide baffle that simulates the way cello/violin sound - they all have harmonic planes that radiate sound off of them. This gives the Elipsas more natural sound and bigger sound stage. The narrower baffle utilized on the Cremona M and most other modern speakers "beam" the sound to a specific area (aka sweet spot). These speakers are excellent in producing imaging (the virtual center presence), but once you move out of the sweet listening spot the imaging will disappear.

It all depends on the type of music you listen to, but since I mainly listen to classical I chose the Elipsa which reproduces classical music more faithfully. The Elipsas are more tolerant to where you are sitting also, which helps because I have my setup in the living room.