View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
I think it would look better in all black or two tone scheme a la traditional ARC, with black surround on the squares surrounding the volume and control knobs and around the rectangle around the touch screen. I also don't like that they have gone fully touch screen. I liked the old school buttons for various controls. Rings more true to ARC's retro look and feel.

Having said that, all this is secondary to SQ. If the line stage matches at least an LS-27, and the phono equals the PH-8, plus you get a good sounding headphone amp for $9K, then you are getting a lot for your money (when you compare it to the stand-alone prices of the LS-27, the PH-8, and an extra decent headphone, call it $1K). All-in, the stand-alone prices of those three units would get you in the $15K range, so pretty good. Not to mention 2 less interconnects and 2 less components taking up limited space on a rack.
I agree...there is significant value in this component. It's just a question of the polarizing look and the user controls. I just did NOT like that part of it, the experience just turned me off to it.

So I'd recommend to anyone interested in ARC sound at a good value, go ahead and try it. Just make sure you play with those controls and the screen before you commit your cash.