View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 11:33 AM

Default Amati Futura Vs 802D3

My system so far comprises of the MSB Analog DAC maxed-out with the quad DSD input, Power Base, and Volume Control options, the MSB S201 Class A Solid State Amp, Shunyata Research Anaconda Zitron Speaker Cables and Interconnect. What's left to buy is a pair of speakers in the sub 20k price range that'll be a solid fit with my system above. I mostly listen to Jazz and Blues, though I have an enormous library covering many genres. Format of choice is DSD.

I'm thinking about buying either a used-but-in-as-new-condition Sonus Faber Amati Futura speaker system, or a brand new Harbeth 40.2 monitor system. I heard the Harbeth's at RMAF 2015 in Vinnie Rossi's room, and they sounded incredible. And I heard the Amati Futuras at Listenup in Denver a couple of years ago, and they sounded amazing too. Obviously, I have no way of auditioning them side-by-side at this point. So I'm seeking the advice and help of all of you audio fanatics on this forum in making my decision. I am open to other suggestions as well, besides these two speaker systems.

Thanks in advance to all of you. Looking forward to your responses.