View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio bill View Post
I can attest to the reference level caliber of the Luxman C-900u preamp having owned it for a couple of years. Both in build quality and sonic performance it is in the upper echelons, and there have been at least a few reports of it outperforming the top Accuphase preamp which is significantly more expensive in the US.

To be fair regarding their new pricing, you should realize that with Luxman now handling their own US operations they've eliminated an additional layer in distribution and the associated margins previously required to support an independent distributor. So even though I purchased it at the much higher original price I don't think it's justified to blame their previous distributor, but it's very nice for new potential customers to now have the lower pricing.

Thanks audio bill - point well taken. I am aware that the new distributor is a wholly owned subsidiary of Luxman corporate. The previous distributor did not do a very good job IMO as I had to wait 5 months to get Luxman gear that was in stock in Japan. With that kind of mark-up, one would expect much better service. After a litany of excuses and other issues like mine, my retailer dropped the line.

With the new distributor in place, my retailer has taken the line back on and has nothing but rave reviews for them!
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,

Last edited by GreginNH1; 08-07-2017 at 10:20 AM.