Thread: Rmaf 2017
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 11:56 PM
Go Dawgs

PS Audio, Focal, and REL. This was a very cool room and sounded "impressive" in certain ways but the speakers were waaayyy too far apart for my taste. It made for a rather dry presentation. Cool guys here.....I achieved my goal of having a manufacturer hook up my ipod Classic via analog interconnects to a mega buck system. I played a Classic Records vinyl rip of Simon and Garfunkel's "The Only Living Boy In New York" and it sounded splendid.....it's incredible how smooth you can get your sound when you're not using a computer.

Raidho Acoustics and Aavik.

Wyred for Sound and Acoustic Zen. Nice guys in this room as well, enjoyable listen. Excellent value for the $$$ here.

Zu Audio. This room sounded fantastic, top 5 for me. I believe all of us AA'ers have new found respect for Zu Audio, especially for the price, they just sounded incredible.

Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3