View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_v View Post
Congrats! I owned the Aviors prior.

You heard the Altairs?
Joey_v,
The Altairs were the first Rockport speakers my wife and I heard. They were powered by D'agostino electronics and dCS source. We were blown away. Our local dealer has Cygnus as the standard in his high-end room and he moves the Aviors around the store a bit. As a result we were familiar with, and loved, the Rockport sound, but hadn't heard the Atrias. The process of considering buying the Atrias was an odd one.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I am downright giddy about this sound. Are older guys allowed giddiness? I read The Absolute Sound Article while considering the purchase, but it has a whole new meaning after living with the speakers for just a few days. I agree they just play beautiful music without trying hard. All of this listening is tiring. They are happy, I am happy, even my wife is happy! We spent this evening comparing our Sony HAP-Z1es server with the Simaudio Moon 280d dac Andrew left. After we heard a definite improvement in clarity and overall tonal accuracy and my wife figured out she liked the Roon interface, my wife advised me the Sony is being sold and the 280d is not leaving the house. I credit the Atria speakers with being able to reveal the subtle differences so clearly. Again, I ramble. All of this listening is grueling.

Last edited by Mikeylee; 05-10-2017 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Just a few changes