View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 07:07 PM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
My Thor is about 9 years old. It is in excellent shape working perfectly. My Watchdog crossover has gone bad and is being replaced. I ran into this situation once before with my Genesis II when I thought my mids might be going bad after about 10 years. I spoke with Arnie Nudell about it and the cost was 25,000 to re-work the mids. I thought "I'm going to be going into the second decade with that servo sub woofer, nope, I'm going to get a new system."

While not exactly analogs my XVX is 3 months old. I'll have a new Watch Controller. The time has come to either get a new Thor or a MC sub, Galaxy Grey, of course. Lie will be horizontal.

The price and cosmetic differences being inconsequential, which is my better choice? To me it's a trade off. The Thor may be a little slower but may be more rugged and a higher sensitivity by 2 dB. Can the MC match the Thor in sheer power and really low frequency output?

If so I would much prefer the MC. Does anybody have a thought? I will not be able to demo. The MC weighs in at 612 compared to Thor at 412. Whatever I choose won't be returning.

Although not on topic I note the XLF is no longer on the Wilson website. IMO, XLF discontinued. My dealer now has an XVX on display. Also an XLF that was traded in for one. He says the bass of the XVX more powerful and greatly superior to XLF, even though XLF is much larger speaker. I was on phone with him for about an hour about the MC, bass was topic. I haven't been in the showroom for a long time so we had a long catchup conversation. He is thrilled to have an XVX and XLF side by side, also an ALexx. I was the ice breaker. They are selling a lot of Wilsons up and down the line now. I'm thrilled for them. They are a no frills very hard working bunch of professionals. Wonderful to work with. If I had one piece of advice is to find a good dealer. My dealer uses Mac with his Wilsons.