View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 04:06 PM

I'm a bit shocked that I only see Jriver and Roon suggested. I guess they might be the only easy to install and use options for Windows? Back when I used Windows for music playback I used uLilith and Xmplay mostly. Before that there was Foobar, Musicbee, Xion, QMP, Winamp, Passion Audio Player and others I've long forgotten. Those were the days before streaming and fancy music library browsers though. When music playback was just: drag and drop a folder of music into the player's playlist area and listen.

What I'm using now is Daphile on a USB thumb drive. A computer can be used as usual with Windows installed. When it's time to relax and listen to music, reboot the computer with the Daphile USB thumb drive plugged in and the computer becomes a headless music server dedicated completely to playback. When it's time to get back to work in Windows just reboot with the Daphile USB drive unplugged.

If anyone is interested in trying out Daphile and you're having some problems getting it working, I'll try to be around to help. I got it working on my own with the install guide and a bit of internet searching. I did get stuck a few times though; but I'm familiar enough with the process now that I could save you some time and frustration if you get stuck.

Last edited by G8YU; 05-04-2019 at 04:08 PM.