View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 11:07 PM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by robd2 View Post
Thank you so much for the info everyone. As another data point for anyone else going forward I experimented with both the 4 & 8 taps.

The 8 had more top end energy but base was slightly messy. The 4 tightened up the base nicely but lost a little bit on the top. The 4s also had a GREAT midrange. The 4s sound best overall.

These are Sasha 1 and speaker cables are Cardas Clear. I’m going to experiment with different speaker cables to try and get back a tiny bit more of the top end and speed. Any recommendations? AudioQuest and TelluriumQ are on my short list. I’m sort of trying to stay away from Transparent as I feel they can be a little too smooth. But I’ll probably take them also for a test ride.
So if you are absolutely sure your Sashas are where they belong in the room, do the following:
  • Perfectly level the speakers on the spikes side to side and front to back.
  • Make sure the speakers are toed in the same.
  • Re-measure the distance from baffle to ear and the listening height to your ear. Revisit the alignment charts to insure that the speaker is correctly aligned.
  • Remove the resistor cover and replace the mid and tweeter resistors.
Once you do all that, recheck your tap findings and then audition other components to your heart's content. Have fun!

Last edited by metaphacts; 11-18-2018 at 11:10 PM.