View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
Congratulations, you will not be disappointed! What pre and speakers?
My pre is an ARC Ref 5SE and speakers ProAc D80s. My gear is listed on the desktop version of AA under each of my posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
Bob, If we are to believe that ARC have in fact issued a directive, at least to their main distributer network?????? in respect of the utilization of KT150's in the current Reference line, then I would recommend that you seek an unequivocal responce from your dealer., as surely the main issue that you should be concerning yourself with is one of Warranty, and whether your dealer will honour the terms of said ARC Warranty were you to install (ARC certified) KT150's in your Ref75.
Yes, thanks for reminder. I will indeed do that, and in fact did ask the manager of the dealer about this when he was out to my home to deliver the demo Ref 75. He said that he had something somewhere about it, but could not find it on his phone e-mail when he was out to my home. Since I am going to the store to return the demo 75 tomorrow, I will ask him for clarification regarding this issue. If the ARC warrantee is compromised, I would not take any chances of putting KT-150s in my soon-to-be Ref 75. I had too many problems with KT-88s, etc in my old ARC VT-100 amp.

My main concern is buying a new Ref 75 now only to have ARC come out with some sort of upgrade using KT-150s at a cost to current owners even if a purchase is relatively new. Being a long time ARC customer I've had that happen before within 6 months of buying a Ref 2 preamp.

From what I've heard with the demo Ref 75 in my system with the KT-120s, I am quite satisfied leaving alone for now and just enjoy the music once I get it.