View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 02:23 PM

Default WW 'warranty' service

At the risk of embarrassing myself, I'll share this little WW story and try to make it brief. Ivan got me into WW cables when I did some upgrades and needed balanced cables. They've been terrific! So when I wanted to get some power trigger cables for the system, naturally I thought of WW. I knew that I could use any cheap cables for power triggers, but I don't like cheap connectors, and actually the cables with 1/8-inch connectors from WW through Ivan were very inexpensive.

Of the three cables I needed, one was tricky - it needed to go from an ARC Ref 5, which has a tip-sleeve connector, to a McIntosh MPC1500, which is tip-ring-sleeve. When I ordered this from Ivan, I was mistaken on how the connections should be made. Of course, when I received the cable, it didn't work properly and Ivan pointed me to WW.

To prevent further problems, I checked with Mac, and Chuck Hinton promptly answered with the info I needed for WW. I returned the cable to WW who turned it around quickly and did the work "under warranty." Yet there was nothing defective with the cable at all - the defect was solely with the idiot customer. And WW didn't charge me for the return postage either ... even though I asked them in an email to give me a bill.

Larry at WW was very pleasant and helpful with this and ... patient, because he was dealing with a moron customer. This is first class service.

I'm among the first to complain about bad service, so I think it's my duty to point out exceptional service, too. WW gets it: The customer comes first, even if he's the defect that needs to be repaired "under warranty."
Primary sources: VPI TNT III/SDS turntable, SME-V arm; Bryston BDP-3 digital player; Bryston BDA-3 DAC; McIntosh MVP-881 disc player; McIntosh MR-80 tuner. Preamplifier Audio Research Ref 5SE; Audio Research Ref Phono 2SE; Moon 430 HA. Amplifiers Conrad Johnson Premier 1B; Audio Research D-300; Bryston 4B. Speakers Infinity IRS Beta. Recorders Tandberg TD20A; Crown SX-822; Nakamichi 670ZX; Alesis Masterlink ML-9600. Power Tice Power Block/Titan (x2); McIntosh MPC1500; API Ultra II-20; multiple 20A derated dedicated lines.